Program / Customer Relations
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Project Estimator serves in an essential role for sustaining STC's business by providing accurate quotes that align with customer requirements. They will work with various operational areas gathering and analyzing information/data to prepare and verify costs, identify material, labor, and other resources needed to complete RFQ's. Additionally, the Project Estimator will work with other staff to ensure all quotes provide an accurate representation of labor, material, and cost, resolving all discrepancies before the final submission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Work with Engineering Management to gather, review, and analyze historical data, schematics, bids, and other current resources to identify the best approach for developing accurate project estimates.
- • Coordinate the quoting process with various operational areas by gathering information and data ensuring all pertinent information is included in the quote and that all cost related factors are highlighted and supported in the final product.
- • Seek opportunities to include value added benefits and solutions for customers by working with the Sales Manager to gain an understanding of customer needs and working with Engineering to gain an understanding of their capacity.
- • Review RFQ's to develop quotes for sub-contracted work by collaborating with Supply Chain to determine material requirements, identify vendors, prepare itemized lists and obtain quotations; work with Engineering and Project Management to determine labor hours and cost to include in the quote.
- • Develop cost estimates, technical proposals, compliance matrix and other bid documents to accurately reflect customer requirements by consulting with various operational areas making sure to resolve issues and/or discrepancies.
- • Maintain a matrix of customer-related products, pricing, and activities for quotes.
- • Participate in the development of promotional activities such as sales literature development and standard costing and technical proposal models for further review
- • Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures
- • #LI-7AJ1
- • Proficient in in Excel and Word; knowledgeable in MS Projects and PowerPoint
- • Demonstrated proficiency in basic mathematical calculations; demonstrated ability to understand engineering drawings and models
- • Solid analytical and critical thinking skills as well as problem-solving skills to include problem identification, analysis, action planning and execution
- • Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; actively seeks opportunities to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met
- • Ability to exercise initiative and judgment as well as make decisions within scope of assigned authority; able to work under pressure and meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities
- • Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with customers, suppliers, and team members
- • Strong communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet approachable delivering a positive customer service experience
- • Able and willing to travel up to 10% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required
Specificity of the job
Able and willing to travel up to 10% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Aero Boosters designs, develops and manufactures low-pressure compressors, equipment and test cells for aerospace propulsion. The company's products are on board the majority of commercial aircraft in service as well as Europe's Ariane launch vehicle. Based in Liège (Belgium), Safran Aero Boosters has two subsidiaries in the United States and employs 1,800 people.