Key Account Manager
Program / Customer Relations
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Working alongside and under the direction of the VP of Commerce, the Key Account Manager is responsible for ensuring customer needs are met in order to maintain and expand business and develop profitable sales. The Key account Manager will contribute to team efforts by serving as the worldwide point of contact to Safran Test Cells' key account customer. They will collaborate with other Safran Test Cells' departments and global offices to ensure delivery of service commitments and promises to customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Serve as the worldwide point of contact for Safran Test Cells', interacting with the client daily to nurture excellent relationships
- • Build and maintain a long-term trusted advisor relationship with designated customer key account, stakeholders and executive sponsors
- • Prioritize tactics to align with the client's goals and proactively adjust goals when client's scope of work or agenda doesn't align
- • Maintain and expand business within the portfolio of assigned customers by proactively addressing customer needs
- • Ensure the timely and successful delivery of Safran Test Cells' proposals according to customer needs and objectives
- • Communicate clearly the progress of initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- • Detect new product opportunities and develop profitable sales with his/her Key Account Customer.
- • Develop and execute strategic sales plans with key stakeholders' input to drive business growth
- • Coordinate engineering and estimating efforts with Safran Test Cells' department stakeholders for each quote assigned
- • Develop new opportunities by researching within his Key Account Customer's MRO's, Production's sites and headquarter.
- • Collaborate with other Safran Test Cells' global offices review sales activities and ensure delivery of service commitments and promises to customers
- • Provide weekly reports during the Senior Management meeting to the President & CEO supported by data driven insights and strategic recommendations
- • Liaise with VP of Commerce and Safran Test Cells' Senior Management team to provide status updates on sales and prospect activities
- • Build effective communication between external customers and internal department stakeholders during projects in order to maintain stakeholder's satisfaction and profitability
- • Support and give orientation, if any, Regional Sales Manager on any sales related to his/her Key Account Customer.
- • Use and develop the SAFRAN network for his/her area of responsibility.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures
- • Other duties as assigned
- • Demonstrated awareness of international variances in cultural and legal issues pertaining to sales in assigned region
- • Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- • Demonstrated high level ability to analyze information and making data-based recommendations
- • Ability to collaborate with team members and top management in a remote environment
- • Ability to determine and influence client's strategy and develops long-term objectives
- • Ability to balance own workload and supporting departments to prioritize customer opportunities for maximum growth
- • Strong communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet approachable delivering a positive customer service experience
- • Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; actively seeks opportunities to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met
- • Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; must be able to think critically about both client's needs and internal solutions
- • Ability to build and defend a Business Plan or Strategic Plan.
- • Strong drive and the ability to self-motivate in the face of multiple priorities while managing time efficiently
- • Solid organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure to deliver targets on time
- • Demonstrated awareness of international variances in cultural and the ability to work in different cultures with successful outcomes
- • Ability to manage projects for complex industrial equipment
- • Strong knowledge of MS Office programs to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- • Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales or related field required
- • 5-8 years of proven account management or other relevant experience required
- • Experience selling complex industrial capital equipment greater than $5M in value with sales cycles lasting several months required
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, genetic information or other legally protected status.
Specificity of the job
- • Able and willing to travel up to 25% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Aero Boosters designs, develops and manufactures low-pressure compressors, equipment and test cells for aerospace propulsion. The company's products are on board the majority of commercial aircraft in service as well as Europe's Ariane launch vehicle.