Professional, Engineer & Manager
Working alongside and under the direction of the Director of HR, the HR Generalist is responsible for managing the payroll process and all recruiting activities. The HR Generalist will manage workers compensation claims, ensuring ISO compliance of training files, developing and updating job descriptions, maintaining personnel files, and managing leave administration. The HR Generalist will contribute to team efforts by developing training programs for company personnel and managing the internship program training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Enforce and administer various human resources policies and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- • Support SUSA Human Resources gathering and distributing company information to include benefit information, payroll, immigration and corporate policies and procedures.
- • Responsible for any human resource reporting that is required of Safran Aero Boosters and/or Safran (headcount reporting).
- • Assist Director of HR with affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- • Responsible for the training files and ISO compliancy of those files.
- • Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- • Participate in developing training program for company personnel and conducts new-employee orientation.
- • Participate in recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees.
- • Partner with Director of HR Manager to handle employee relations, including; conflict resolution, counseling, on boarding, off boarding, exit interviewing and employee maintenance in ADP Vantage System, and job descriptions
- • Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- • Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications
- • Maintain personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements. Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion
- • Manage internship program training, onboarding, engagement, evaluation, and coordination of recruiting schedule
- • Manage leave administration to include FLMA, ADA, and short-term disability
- • Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
- • Responsible for assuming all HR Coordinator duties as necessary.
- • Other duties as assigned.
- • Able and willing to travel up to 10% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required.
- • Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines.
- • Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws.
- • Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to manage complex an
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The majority of the time is spent in a typical office environment requiring the ability to use a computer and telephone which requires sitting and typing for extended lengths of time. Occasionally, the individual in this position will need to stand, reach, bend, lift up to 50 pounds, stoop, and kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include normal vision. The office environment will have normal lighting and climate control tolerances. Additionally, the office setting will have moderate noise exposure, i.e. business office with computers, printers, light traffic. Travel conditions may involve being in an aircraft or automobile for extended periods of time. Safran Test Cells is a global company and travel to any country may be required. Work is performed in the business office at a minimum of 40 hours a week.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The working conditions and requirements indicated here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
- • Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or a related field required.
- • This position is open to entry-level candidates.
Specificity of the job
Domestic 1-2 times per year.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Aero Boosters designs, develops and manufactures low-pressure compressors, equipment and test cells for aerospace propulsion. The company's products are on board the majority of commercial aircraft in service as well as Europe's Ariane launch vehicle. Based in Liège (Belgium), Safran Aero Boosters has two subsidiaries in the United States and employs 1,800 people.